Tuesday, January 20, 2009

January Sun

The weather has been lovely here lately. I know all of you who live in the snow probably don't want to hear it. ;) I spent Sunday morning having brunch on the outside deck of a waterfront restaurant with some friends. Then I sat in the park crocheting for 1.5 hours. Yesterday I went for a fantastic 2 hour walk through some nearby hill side neighborhoods, complete with views and hidden staircases.
While I take advantage of warm sunny weather whenever I can, as San Francisco doesn't really get that much of it. I am somewhat concerned about it happening in the middle of January. This time of year it is supposed to be gray, cold and rainy. The fact that it is not raises the ugly specter of an upcoming drought in the summer, with water rationing and everything.
So, while I greatly enjoyed the sun this past weekend a part of me is wishing for a downpour.

I hope all of you out there had a great weekend, whatever the weather was like!

No comments: