Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sometimes life gets in the way...

..of blogging. Sorry, for taking so long to report back on Stitches West. But, I developed a raging headache on the way home and proceeded to spend the next 3 days in bed felled by some bug or other. Yeah. Not fun.

So, a quick recap. My friend and I went to the yarn market on the Saturday. There was more lovely yarn than you could shake a stick at. It was truly a bit overwhelming. Jess and Casey from Ravelry were not there this year, unlike last year, which I rather missed. I did see Jennifer Hansen of Stitch Diva Studios doing a tunisian crochet demonstration, which was very cool.

My friend and I were both on tight budgets this year. She had a short, very specific list of things she was after. Most of which she found. I didn't have anything in particular I was after (except an ergonomic 3mm hook), but set myself a very strict spending limit. I did find the hook I was after and bought a copy of Amazing Crochet Lace by Doris Chan. I got her book Everyday Crochet for Christmas in 2007 and love it. Amazing Crochet Lace is full of equally wonderful patterns. Maybe I will do a review once I have had more time to look at it.

I figured I was done with shopping after that and would have gone home completely happy, except as we were taking one last look at things on our way out I saw this skein of hand painted sock yarn that just called to me. I literally picked it up and put it down three times, until I finally had to be honest with myself that I was in yarn lust. At which point I forked over the money and took the lovely little thing home(not that my friend was an enabler of that or anything ;)). It still hasn't told me what it wants to be, but I am sure that will come in time.

That is all I have to report. Have a great weekend!

No comments: